1. No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence (ie. threats of suicide, self-harm, or physical harm). However, discussions about these topics are allowed as generalities. Please SEEK HELP if you are having thoughts of suicide or self-harm. Discussion of medical marijuana is allowed as long as discussions have a medical focus.
3. No posts that attack, insult, flame, defame, or abuse others. Respect other members’ opinions regarding treatment decisions. Decisions about health and well-being are highly personal choices. We should respect all points of view. Flaming will not be tolerated.
- Advertising or spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting something.
- Links promoting fundraising, advocacy, etc. are not permitted.
- Links to personal blogs/homepages are allowed in member profiles and signatures
- Sharing of links to helpful and relevant web sites and resources is allowed if they are not used for a promotional purpose.
5. No posts regarding research studies, surveys, or clinical trials without prior approval from the forum administrator.
6. No posts of copyrighted material, lengthy articles, or posts of an overtly political or religious nature (ie. proselyting).
7. Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. This is to protect your security and identity.
8. If you are a medical professional, do not use the forums to distribute professional medical advice and/or promote your services.
1. Check for open topics. Before posting a new topic, please check to see if there is already a topic open on the subject.
2. Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore button.
3. Report posts that violate the rules. Do this by exporting the conversation in an HTML file (bottom right icon with the up arrow) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Use good judgement. NEVER rely on information or opinions exchanged to replace necessary, personal consultation(s) with qualified health or medical professionals to meet your individual health or medical needs. Remember that what’s right or has worked for one person may not be what’s right for you.
5. Lend a helping hand. A bit of compassion can go a long way toward helping people with life’s challenges and reaching out can help alleviate feelings of loneliness.
6. Don’t be afraid to share. If you’re feeling alone or hurting, don’t be afraid to share your fears and tears. If you’re rejoicing about the results of a recent medical test or treatment, share that too.
7. Welcome new members. Help new folks “learn the ropes” about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved.
8. Use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid “generic” post subjects like “Help” or “Question”. You will receive a better response to your posts by making your title more descriptive about the content of your post.
9. Be respectful of moderators in both the forums and any private communications.
10. Stay on topic. Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted.
11. Keep posts clean. If it shouldn’t be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. Do not private message or communicate with anyone with the intention of doing harm. Please remember that any discussion on the forums and chat rooms can be traced and will be turned into legal authority if any illegal activity ensues.
Know Your Moderators:
Moderators have the right to edit or remove posts without prior notice at their discretion. If you have a question for a moderator on a decision, you can email them at email@example.com and discuss it privately.
Members that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
Rules and guidelines may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.